Building The Green Clinic – update may 2018
Our Green Clinic Project is gradually progressing!
As we wrote earlier, we acquired and fully paid for the compressed-bricks molding machine and we completed the molding of the estimated 14,000 interlocking bricks. Two community members have been trained and were part of the team that molded the bricks.
With the foundation and bricks now completed, we are currently securing materials and sourcing for more funds to complete this second phase: raising the walls and roofing the building.
What does the Atsiekpoe community need to reach their next milestone, a roofed clinic building?
The village still needs 50% of the total cost of the materials needed, among which: about 100 bags of cement, roofing sheets, iron rods and wood for doors and windows. The other 50% has already been raised by Jolinaiko Eco Tours, SSFA, and the Atsiekpoe community!
The funding we need to complete this phase this is about € 9,000,-. This includes the cost of materials, labor, and transportation.
Your donation will help us to finish the wall and roof construction of the clinic! Thank you!
See the photos below to view the bricks, machine and some photos of the meetings in the village:
- Building The Green Clinic – update january 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update november 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update july 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update may 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2017
- Scouting weekend in Atsiekpoe and fundraising for the clinic
- Casting the concrete for the foundation of The Green Clinic
- Projects (47)
- Personal (2)
- Foundation (1)
- Education (4)
- AIDS (6)