Building The Green Clinic – update november 2018
Good things are meant to be shared with neighbors. Especially when it comes to issues of health and healthcare, no community can be self-sufficient. It is in the spirit of this understanding that SSFA in collaboration with the District Health Directorate at Battor organized a stakeholder meeting for all the leaders and opinion leaders for the communities in the Vome Electoral Area on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
The aim of the meeting was to introduce the Green Clinic Project to the other communities and get them involved. The meeting was a great success. All the 11 chiefs in the area attended the meeting with their elders, queen mothers, women representatives and opinion leaders. There were two officials each from the Battor District Assembly and District Health Directorate. A total of 48 people excluding officials from SSFA attended the meeting.
The consensus at the meeting was that, when this clinic is completed, it will ease the troubles of all the people in the Vome Electoral Area trying to get healthcare. They people will no longer need to cross the Volta river to access healthcare for every minor ailment and reduce self-medication. They therefore agreed to come together to complete the project on time so that they can start to tackle other common problems facing them for example the absence of good drinking water due to the pollution of the Volta river from which they directly drink.
Your donation will help us to finish the roof construction of the clinic! Thank you!
- A new board member, Chief Sanitation and Development and great help with our plastic waste project
- Liati Wote community development – Report 4: Introduction of the plastic recycling project
- Building The Green Clinic – update february 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update january 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update november 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update july 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update may 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2017
- Liati Wote community development – Report 3: Needs prioritization
- Liati Wote community development – Report 2: Community resource identification in a transect walk
- Scouting weekend in Atsiekpoe and fundraising for the clinic
- Projecten (53)
- Lopende projecten (33)
- Afgeronde projecten (20)
- Persoonlijk (3)
- De stichting en bestuur (2)
- Educatie (4)
- AIDS (6)