Design of the Green Clinic
The initial drawing of the Green Clinic was made by an architect from Canada who visited Atsiekpoe in April and May 2015. This initial design was based on a clinic being built in Nyatikpo in the Bator District and modified with feedback from Naa Ashiley Vanderpuye, a medical doctor and founder of a private clinic in Accra. The district director and planning officer favored the design.
During a community meeting a few important recommendations were made like adding a separate entrance to the delivery ward to guarantee privacy for expecting mothers.
Since the compound is going to be a public facility serving at least nine surrounding communities, the building requirements are different from a private facility such as a residence. For that reason, district engineers will be involved to authorize the building plan and inspect the building procedures during the construction period.
Please visit our fundraising pages!
The foundation of the building has been laid out, so now we need the funds to build walls and a roof! We currently have 2 fundraising pages:
Visit our fundraising page on Causevox to help us raise the funds to build the walls and roof of the clinic.
Latest news articles
- Update Liati Wote plastic recycling project and Green Hub, March 2022
- Update Liati Wote plastic recycling program March 2020
- Liati Wote community development – Report 6: Creating Awareness Using Wall Paintings
- Liati Wote community development – Report 5: Mounting the segregations waste bins
- A new board member, Chief Sanitation and Development and great help with our plastic waste project
- Liati Wote community development – Report 4: Introduction of the plastic recycling project
- Building The Green Clinic – update february 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update january 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update november 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update july 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update may 2018
- Projects (57)
- Current projects (37)
- Finished projects (20)
- Personal (3)
- Foundation & board (2)
- Education (4)
- AIDS (6)