A climate-smart clinic
The African Environmental Experts Network (AEEN) will play an advisory role on how to meet the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards and become a true ‘climate-smart’ facility. We are in contact with Hobson Agyapong, who is an environmental expert working for the EPA and who initiated the AEEN.
Tree-planting forms a significant aspect of the entire concept, where trees will be used to shade the building, to provide revitalizing resting places and compensate the CO2 emulsion. AEEN has already promised to take responsibility of tree planting and training and monitoring of the community members who will be in charge of maintaining the garden in the long-term.
Besides the eco-friendly building method and the tree-planting, the clinic will use renewable energy sources for its operations, like solar power and compost- or biogas toilets.
Please visit our fundraising pages!
The foundation of the building has been laid out, so now we need the funds to build walls and a roof! We currently have 2 fundraising pages:
Visit our fundraising page on Causevox to help us raise the funds to build the walls and roof of the clinic.
- Building The Green Clinic – update july 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update may 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2017
- Scouting weekend in Atsiekpoe and fundraising for the clinic
- Casting the concrete for the foundation of The Green Clinic
- A birth on a riverbank at night
- Presentation of crowdfunding pages in Atsiekpoe
- Community meeting Atsiekpoe
- Projects (44)
- Personal (2)
- Foundation (1)
- Education (4)
- AIDS (6)