A ‘Green’ Clinic for Atsiekpoe and Vome, Ghana
The Green Clinic Concept is a sustainable approach to bringing primary health care to the people of Atsiekpoe and surrounding communities in Vome / North Tongu District, Volta Region, Ghana.
A shared ambition
This project is about the ambition of the people of Atsiekpoe and their partners Stepping Stones for Africa (SSFA) and Jolinaiko Eco Tours to establish a Community Based Health Planning Services , a so-called CHPS compound, in the community.
A key principle of CHPS is that the community must accept the CHPS concept and commit themselves to supporting it. CHPS relies on participation and mobilization of the traditional community structure for service delivery.
This project is part of the Atsiekpoe community-development initiative spearheaded by SSFA who works in partnership with Jolinaiko Eco Tours on bringing development and community welfare to eco-tourism destinations in Ghana.
Need for a basic clinic
Poor accessibility to health care was identified and prioritized as the main development challenge by the community of Atsiekpoe. Their wish to establish a health centre was supported by other stakeholders in the district such as the Ghana Health Services (GHS) and other health care facilities. Since improving accessibility to primary health care is the main objective of GHS, the decision was made to combine strengths and establish a CHPS-compound. This is a basic clinic staffed and managed by government under the condition that construction and maintenance is the responsibility of the community possibly in collaboration with a third party.
Atsiekpoe en Vome in de Volta Region in Ghana
Three objectives in one project
The facility will bring primary health care and disease prevention to the doorsteps of the people of nine rural communities of Vome Constituency. Apart from the ambition to establish a basic clinic, the community also anticipates health educational programs and WASH (Water, Health and Sanitation) solutions and these three aspects are part of the project in front of you.
‘Green Clinic Concept’
What makes this project very special is the design. It is much more than only a clinic that improves access to primary health care. It is innovative and brings new skills development and sustainable economic activity to this deprived area and at the same time respects and protects the environment. Honestly, it’s a ground-breaking approach: a ‘Green Clinic Concept’. Don’t miss the chance to be part of it!
Please visit our fundraising pages!
The foundation of the building has been laid out, so now we need the funds to build walls and a roof! We currently have 2 fundraising pages:
Visit our fundraising page on Fundrazr.com to help us the clinic building.
- Update Liati Wote plastic recycling project en de Green Hub, maart 2022
- Update Liati Wote plastic recycling program March 2020
- Liati Wote community development – Report 6: Creating Awareness Using Wall Paintings
- Liati Wote community development – Report 5: Mounting the segregations waste bins
- A new board member, Chief Sanitation and Development and great help with our plastic waste project
- Liati Wote community development – Report 4: Introduction of the plastic recycling project
- Building The Green Clinic – update february 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update january 2019
- Building The Green Clinic – update december 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update november 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update july 2018
- Building The Green Clinic – update may 2018